Share This Episode
How to Master Your Life with John Assaraf
Have you been feeling down lately? Do you feel like you have no control over your life? That’s the most common problem in the 21st century. A century ago, we believed in genes and that we were the same as our grandparents. But today, with the new science of epigenetics, we know that’s not true. We can control our own destiny. Today we have John Assaraf as our guest. He will be discussing how you can improve your life simply by changing the way you think. John Assaraf has dedicated his life to helping people achieve their dreams and reach their full potential. He is a New York Times bestselling author, entrepreneur, and CEO of NeuroGym. His latest book, The Answer: Grow Any Business, Achieve Financial Freedom, and Live an Extraordinary Life, was recently released. It’s a lot of fun to talk with a world class expert on the topic of transformation. John believes that we all have the ability to change our lives, and he’s going to show us how. We’ll also discuss how to change your mental approach and how it may have a big influence on your success. So please join us for an enlightening conversation with John Assaraf.
EARN MORE. LIVE MORE. BE MORE. GIVE MORE.
CHANGE YOUR BRAIN
CHANGE YOUR INCOME
[9.00] What is Neuroscience other than psychobabble
- The study of the brain and the study of what’s happening in this phenomenal structure
- I prefer to call it organism instead of organ since it’s developing and we’re developing
- Every minute even when we sleep – our brain is evolving
- The fun thing is we’ve much more control over it then we are ever thought possible
- Now science can investigate the deeper and deeper layers or structures of the human brain
- One of the great discoveries is: Every brain functionally works the same
[14.26] Brain is not static, there’s no limit
- In the time of our grandparents, we knew that it’s about genes, you’re just like your parents.
- The newer truth is that even though there is world of genetics, there’s a whole new world we’ve been discovering around epigenetics
- Our thoughts can activate and deactivate certain genetic propensities
- We can override being just like grandma.
- We’ve much more control on the predisposition to certain things
[17.00] We all are genius
- The photo behind me is of Albert Einstein which reminds me of the fact that there’s a genius with all of us.
- When you investigate the history of species and the coding of intelligence for survival, safety, innovation, wisdom, and imagination – it’s within every human being
- And there’s another photograph being me of Frankenstein’s Monster
- And within us there is also this other side of that is always saying what if we fail, what if we get hurt and what if negative?
- We have these character traits within us that
- We must learn to love all of them and utilize as needed as part of the genius within us
- Unfortunately, this is not taught in the school that it’s okay to have a critical negative voice in your head
- It’s ok to have negative thoughts or even destructive thoughts
- We’ve about 6200 thoughts a day
- What if we thought of thoughts as little effervescent bubbles? – percolating up from somewhere in our mind.
Learn to disassociate the thoughts you have from who you are.
- We are the vibrating packet of energy
- Every thought we have, if you pay closer attention we activate or create a higher vibrational field of that thought thereby releasing the neurochemical associated with that thought into our bloodstream which then is what we call as a feeling
- There are some individuals which were born into a very positive, empowering, and constructive environment
- The question is: Are there things that I currently believe that may not be a true
[33.12] The Power of Beliefs
- Beliefs is really the lens by which we see the world
- Brains deletes and distorts the world out there based on our beliefs
- If we believe we are good enough etc. we’ll see the mirror in the world
- If we believe opposite, then that’s the projection of what it’s that we out there
- So, the question is: What is the belief?
- And the answer is it’s nothing more than a neural pattern that’s been reinforced.
- Created and then reinforced. That we have evidence of it being real.
[40.00] Is there any way to let go?
- The answer is based on the new science of neuroplasticity
- Our brain’s ability to make and reinforce a new connection
- This is what I call deliberate conscious evolution
- I am not going to wait for thousand years of evolution
- I can deliberately and consciously become the master of my brain
- I can direct it instead of it running my life automatically
[45.22] John’s journey
- I investigated many masters as I could for any bit of information
- That’s when I started to understand that what this disease is – dis-ease
- I started to understand that we are all made up of energy
- What I think about activates a certain energetic frequency within me
- If we understand that my thoughts do matter and what I say to myself matters – because it affects matters
- First layer is self-talk
- The second layer is emotional regulation
- There’s a big difference between emotions and feelings
- Emotions are activated in our subconscious mind based on our memory bank
- The chemical in our body causes feelings and sensations
To keep up with today’s digital-first consumers, enterprises are embracing digital technologies to address increasing demands. As organizations embark on their modernization journeys, the new IBM Transformation Index: State of Cloud, found there is a strong correlation between hybrid cloud adoption and progress in digital transformation. In fact, more than 77% of responding organizations have adopted a hybrid cloud approach and 71% of those surveyed think it’s difficult to realize the full potential of a digital transformation without having a solid hybrid cloud strategy in place. Yet, business and technology leaders admit they are struggling with the complexity to make all their cloud environments work together seamlessly. So, why the disconnect?
- What is hybrid cloud?
- How are businesses most commonly utilizing cloud technologies to digitally transform?
- As companies adopt hybrid cloud technology, what do they need to know?
- Does cloud adoption look different across industries?
- With cyberattacks on the rise, how can businesses ensure consumer data is protected in the cloud?
For more information please visit: IBM.com/cloud
About John Assaraf
John Assaraf "The Brain Whisperer" is one of the leading high performance, success coaches in the world. He is a behavioral neuroscience researcher who has appeared numerous times on Larry King live, Anderson Cooper and The Ellen DeGeneres Show.
As CEO and co-founder, he grew Re/Max of Indiana from startup to 85 offices and 1200 sales associates who sold over $4 Billion a year.