Share This Episode
Maximize Your Media Presence with Steve Allen
Bill Gates famously said, “If you have one dollar, then spend it on a publicist.” It is without question that PR plays an integral role in the success and growth of any business. Steve Allen has demonstrated his ability to stay ahead of the curve in today’s ever-evolving world by utilizing cutting edge public relations strategies. With over 15 years of experience in PR, he knows what it takes to help you create visibility and establish credibility for maximum reach and impact. In business if you’re not reaching out to the public, then you’re missing out on a great opportunity. And that’s what will increase your STRESS; stress is the enemy of progress. Steve Allen’s approach to public relations is all about making meaningful connections. He aids in media relationships and strategies, crisis management, publicity campaigns, branding and more. With his help you’ll be able to identify the best tactics for your business, creating a plan that works for you and increases your brand visibility.
[12.15] What PR means?
- Word PR stands for Public Relationship
- PR started back in studios – way back then.
- Now it’s very broad. A doctor has a PR.
- Bill gates: “If I only have one dollar, I have a publicist.”
- If you’re not in the media, people are googling you and you’re not showing up then – you don’t really know what’s going on.
- Barry Shore Sum it up [14.44] to [16.00]
[16.15] How does one begin the process of breaking through white noise?
- Example of PR [16.22] to [18.02]
- Dealing with today is white noise.
- You do need to hire publicist
[20.45] Three Questions: How long does it take, how much it cost and is it worth it
- For example, for boutiques etc. – you pay around $2800-$5000 per month.
- PR with Conscience: Story [23.01] to [25.00]
- Is Television still the highest mountain of the megaphone? YES and NO.
- In today’s world there are people who have millions of followers on social media.
- There are people only hired to scour the media
- Social media is never going to go away, it’s going to get bigger and better every day.
- Praise for Barry Shore [33.00] to [35.01]
[35.00] Is media placement possible for individuals?
- Some people buy $85,000 USD – BMW.
- It enhances my chances of visibility for greater success.
- Visibility: I need to be visible.
- Not everybody is a superstar.
- Benjamin Franklin: Empty your purse into your mind.
- In other words, invest in the most precious possession you’ve – which is YOU.
- Empty your purse in learning skills!
- If you think you can or if you think you can’t – you’re right
[45.02] Steve Allen and Barry Shore
- You’ve to shift perspective
- People don’t realize they have a choice; they think they’re programmed.
- Choice not chance is what determine your destiny
- Search for ARCHIMEDES
- You can’t be Visible without a WHY
- I can reprogram to realize the truth.
- Truth: I’m just as beautiful as anybody else.
- What is your most important desire: “To realize more and more that I’m a GIFT”
- You can’t do it in the corner holding a sign because then you look like NUT.
About Steve Allen
Steve Allen boasts a 31-year career as a public relations executive, during which time he has designed, developed and overseen hundreds of public relations campaigns to promote clients’ expertise, books, products, and images on local and national levels. He has co-founded three different media communications companies, Anthony Mora Communications, Allen Mora Media, and Enlightened Innertainment, and is now Founder and President of Steve Allen Media: PR with a Conscience, which specializes in promoting material of an educating, stimulating and enlightening nature.