Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
Your Ambassador of JOY, Barry Shore, is honored to share Chris Ruden with You. Chris is an international keynote speaker, elite powerlifter, entrepreneur, disabled model, and advocate. Despite being born with only two fingers on his left hand and a shorter left arm, he can deadlift over 675 pounds and is on track to becoming the World’s strongest adaptive athlete.
At nineteen, Chris was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, and while it took time to accept his disease, it’s that diagnosis he credits for his career in speaking. On stages (and screens) worldwide, Chris speaks about diversity, inclusion, and overcoming adversity.
You’ll enjoy hearing Barry and Chris discuss his book, The Upper Hand, which gives readers simple tools to affectively turn any perceived adversity into an advantage.
- 10:31 – Barry’s Rousing Introduction
- 12:31 – Chris shares his backstory and how his disabilities became the motivation to reinvent himself
- 21:30 – Two ways that forced Chris to toughen up and which one more effective
- 33:00 – How to deal with inclusion
- 45:40 – Barry’s Interesting Wrap Up